Monday 30 March 2009

You begin a project and you have no idea/inspiration what to do

My first day in the studio.
I don't know what I am coming to do. I don't really have a precise question to explore.
I am also not very motivated, not so much because of the project. I love the project, but because I was recently rejected to do a PhD at Goldsmiths. Yeah, I am a sensitive man and things can get me down easily.


So anyway, I decided to start this blog again, because it helps me to think and to put my brains into action.

Here is what I think I should do today:
1. Collect all the material in disposal. That includes: technological equipment, props, music instruments, costumes (if possible), inspirational videos, books, articles etc. Put them all together and take some photos of them.
2. Check out the space and its potentials. It's not a magic moment, where I ask you to be creative, inspired or what. Check learn how the space can be used properly. Take photos of the different spaces.
3. Send photos from step 1 and 2 to friends and ask them to give their proposal to what you have. It's not a relational aesthetics piece, nor you are making their favors. It's only about discovering YouTube videos, opening your mind.
4. Warm up your voice and body. Make sure you have prepared your breath, diaphragm and are ready to project voice properly.
5. Take the microphone and do some loops, some singing, some whatever. RECORD EVERYTHING.... Don't miss anything even if it's shit. You need everything. You never know...
6. Take the most interesting quotes from your articles, books, videos. Put them all down. You don't need to make the link now, nor do you need to think of how to make them practice now. Just put them down and we see what happens.

Speak to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment